i'm fluent in javascript as well as klingon.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Any intel on the big finale?

"I need an explanation! Are we being punk'd?"

fresh intel from new mom Jenn AKA Garfleck AKA Mountaineer AKA Syd:
If it's what I think it's going to be, it will be the most… Oh, gosh, I'm afraid to say anything. You know, one thing about not doing the show — I look forward to just being able to talk about what I'm doing and not always having to stop myself.... It won't be one of those finales where it ends, and you go, ''Oh, that was it? After all of this?'' We came in with a bang, we'll go out with a bang.


extended intel from Kristin:
...A week later, precisely two days before Alias was canceled, I ran into ABC President Steve McPherson at an event and, of course, pounced at the chance to ask, "Is this Alias' last season? Is it going to continue without Jennifer Garner?" He responded that he didn't "see it continuing without Jennifer Garner...Alias is Jennifer Garner."

I found myself surprisingly, strangely relieved. (God, I feel blasphemous for saying that--stay with me.) Not because I don't adore Alias and Rachel Nichols (she's one of the best young talents anywhere today), but because I'd rather see her in a spinoff than carrying the torch of a show that's already morphed into something else so many times.

Don't get me wrong, Alias is still one of the best shows ever to air on television. Even at its worst, it's still better than 99 percent of the crap on the air. But for some of we die-hard Aliasaholics who've loved the show since its inception, the farther it gets from the original concept in the pilot, the more we can't help but ache a little for the Alias of yesterseason. Will, Francie, Sark, Vaughn, "the Man" turned Spy Mommy, "Joey's Pizza." (Sigh.) Anyone else feel the same? If so, therein lies the glittering silver lining.

Alias Reunion! That's what it's certainly sounding like the big series finale in May could be. Sources tell me producers are hoping for a full two-hour blowout, in which they would bring back many of the former goodies and baddies we've loved and lost: Irina (Lena Olin), Will (Bradley Cooper), Francie (Merrin Dungey), Anna Espinosa (Gina Torres), Katya (Isabella Rossellini), etc. The list goes on and on and might even include a certain someone who may or may not have been shot repeatedly in the chest.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of my mind exploding. (As our beloved Marshal would say.)

No comments: